Učiteľ/ka SŠ - anglický jazyk
AKADÉMIA LEAF – LEAF ACADEMY, Bratislava
Informácie o pracovnom mieste
- Miesto výkonu práce
- Sasinkova 13, Bratislava
- Anglický jazyk
- Termín nástupu
- Predpokladaný termín ukončenia výberového konania
- Rozsah úväzku
Požiadavky na uchádzača
- This is a once in lifetime opportunity to help build a world class innovative educational institution. LEAF Academy is looking for an Innovative Slovak Language and English Language Teacher.
Students study all their subjects in English, but they have mandatory weekly lessons in their national language as well. You would be teaching Slovak in the Upper School and helping new students who struggle with their English, mostly in the Lower School. A passion for history and the Central European region is also welcome as is experience in curriculum development.
While the Slovak lessons take place during usual study time, English support is scheduled also in the afternoon between 4 pm and 5 pm. The frequency of such lessons depends on the current need and number of students, but oscillates between twice to four times a week.
We consider ourselves to be a community of learners where the learning happens for all parties concerned. Our lessons are student-centred and focus on developing students’ own thinking strategies and quality questioning. We use visible thinking techniques and other innovative teaching approaches that allow adaptation to different students’ needs. Learners focus on their individual growth that is recorded in an assessment that stems from competency-based rubrics. Students are encouraged to reflect on their work as well as the work of the teacher and to make connections to real life.
Besides of other responsibilities she/he is responsible for:
advisory (part of the full-time contract): a person is responsible for a small group of students, and she/he is providing support to students when necessary
residential duties (expected): regular weekday and weekend duties in the dormitory
- Ďalšie požiadavky
- - Working with young adults/teenagers
- Teaching advanced English
- Teaching Slovak and/or Slovak history and a3cademic writing
- Passion for LEAF Academy’s mission and alignment with the LEAF values
- Proactive and entrepreneurial mindset coupled with preference for teamwork
- Organized, problem-solver, self-starter
- Willing to mentor and guide students
- Capable of working well under pressure
- Sense of humor and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Adresa školy alebo zariadenia
- AKADÉMIA LEAF – LEAF ACADEMY
+421 944 281 467
- Kontaktná osoba
- Lívia Pitáková
Reagovať na ponuku