Súkromná základná škola International School, Košice-Košická Nová Ves
Informácie o pracovnom mieste
Miesto výkonu práce
Poľná 1, Košice-Košická Nová Ves
Predpokladaný termín ukončenia výberového konania
Nadpriemerné finančné ohodnotenie na základe skúseností a kvalifikácie. / Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Príležitosť pre ľudí z Ukrajiny
Požiadavky na uchádzača
Znalosť práce s PC
MS Office, Apple, Toddle, Zoom
Vzdelanie podľa Zákona č. 138/2019 Z. z. o pedagogických zamestnancoch a odborných zamestnancoch v znení neskorších predpisov a Vyhlášky MŠVVsŠ SR 1/2020 Z. z.
Kosice International School (KEIS) is the first international school in Eastern Slovakia. Our school is an authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) school offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP) curriculum with a particular focus on inquiry-based learning. Currently, we are a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and are working towards full authorisation. With over 100 percent growth in the last year, KEIS now serves children from ages 3 to 14. Our programmes include Early Years programme (aged 3-5), the PYP curriculum (ages 6-11), and the Middle School programme (ages 12-14). As our students grow, so does our school. Due to this positive growth, we are expanding our team of MYP teachers. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced MYP educator to help pioneer an expanding school that will drive future educational progress of the Kosice region.
Description of Position:
We are looking to employ a creative, passionate, and motivated teacher to join our school for a full-time teaching position. We currently serve students at the MYP 1 and MYP 2 levels, with plans to expand further into a full 5-year MYP programme. In collaboration with the MYP coordinator, you will be an integral part of building a meaningful Humanities curriculum.
As part of the KEIS MYP team, educators collaboratively explore opportunities for interdisciplinary learning, service as action, and common teaching practices. The successful candidate will have experience creating such opportunities within international education environments. They will share a progressive pedagogical philosophy that aligns with the IB framework as well as demonstrate a history of building project-based learning engagements.
Because English is the working language at KEIS. IB documentation and meetings are conducted in English.
The successful candidate will:
· Have relevant teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience
· Possess knowledge of educational theories and the IB pedagogical framework. (preferable but not required
· Demonstrate strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
· Model an inquiry approach to teaching and learning.
· Have experience creating project-based assessments. (preferable but not required
· Enjoy teaching and working in an internationally-minded environment.
· Have experience teaching MYP Language and Literature or Language Acquisition (preferable but not required).
· Hold a Category 1 IB training certificate in Language Acquisition (preferable but not required).
Along with fulfilling full-time teaching requirements (max. 23 contact hours), responsibilities for this position include:
· Documenting the inquiry, action, and reflection portions of each unit on Toddle platform
· Add to and maintaining subject overviews for your taught subject(s)
· Actively participating in weekly individual collaborative planning meetings with the MYP coordinator
· Engaging in horizontal/vertical weekly planning meetings with MYP staff
· Performing duty care as outlined by the school’s duty schedule